- Advised Lama Real Estate, a joint venture company under Seef Properties, on a BD 25.5 million (US$68 million) Shariah-compliant syndicated Murabaha facility agreement entered into with Khaleeji Commercial Bank and Kuwait Finance House (KFH Bahrain) to finance the ‘Al Liwan’ Project, a prime multi- utility real estate project located in Hamala, featuring shopping outlets, restaurants, retail stores, and three-story residential units.
- Acted for Bahrain’s Gulf Hotels Group (GHG) in the acquisition of Dubai-based Gulf Court Hotel Business Bay (GCHBB) in a deal worth BD 35 million (USD 93 million). GCHBB was the GHG’s first venture into the UAE market as part of GHG’s regional expansion plan, which included Saudi Arabia and other GCC countries.
- Advised Bahrain’s Gulf Hotels Group (GHG) on BD25 million (US$66.5 million) term loan facility with National Bank of Bahrain. GHG was to use the loan to finance the acquisition of Dubai-based Gulf Court Hotel Business Bay (GCHBB) in a deal with BD 35 million (USD 93 million).
- Assisted Bahrain Public Transport Company (BPTC) – company appointed by the Bahraini Government to operate the Kingdom’s new public transport network, with its employee disciplinary code in compliance with the provisions of the Labour Law for the Private Sector and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advised Bahrain’s Gulf Hotels Group (GHG) in its acquisition of the Bahrain Tourism Company (BTC), the owner of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in a merger deal worth BD35 million (US$ 92 million). The share swap was managed in full compliance with the Takeovers, Mergers & Acquisition Module (TMA) of Rule Book Volume 6 of the Central Bank of Bahrain, and in accordance with the regulatory requirements of the Bahrain Bourse.
- Advised Ahmed Mansoor Al Aali (AMA) on the establishment of a 50:50 joint venture with Alucor for tendering for the ALBA Line 6 Project in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advised Midas Advanced Solutions on the establishment of a joint venture with Urbaser S.A., the third largest environmental services provider in Europe, in relation to the provision of municipal, waste treatment and recovery services to residents throughout the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advised the shareholders of Rapid Telecommunications (RT) on the acquisition of RT by way of a management buyout.
- Advised Tile and Carpet Centre Limited (TCC) on the establishment of a 50:50 joint venture with Dongyang Industrial Machinery Co., leading South Korean construction company. The agreement was followed by a new company with headquarters in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advised the leading provider of hospitality services in the Kingdom of Bahrain, Gulf Hotels Group (GHG) on its partnership with Asdal Hotels for the operation of Asdal Gulf Inn Hotel in Bahrain.
- Advised Bahrain’s Gulf Hotels Group (GHG) on its partnership with Gulf Court for the operation of the Gulf Inn Hotel in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advised JSN International W.L.L. (JSN) on the master franchise agreement for Good Feet, the United States’ number one arch support supplier. The master franchise agreement saw JSN acquiring the franchise rights for Bahrain, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
- Advised National Express Group PLC, a leading international public transport group with bus, coach and rail services in the United Kingdom, Europe, North Africa and North America and Bahrain’s Ahmed Mansoor Al Aali B.S.C(C), in connection with their concessionary right to operate bus services by the Bahraini Ministry of Transportation under their joint venture, Bahrain Public Transport Company (BPTC). BPTC was appointed by the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications (MTT) under a 10-year concession in 2015 to operate Bahrain’s new Public Transport Network in accordance with international standards and practices. Under the supervision and regulation of the MTT, BPTC is responsible for the operation of the entire public bus network as well as the provision of the upgraded buses, related equipment, and passenger terminal infrastructure.
- Advised Ahmed Mansoor Al Aali (AMA) in relation to it its joint bid with Suez, leading waste management company globally, to the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain in relation to the provision of waste collection services to the five municipalities of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advised The Living Concepts (owner of the Maya La Chocolaterie), on the franchise agreement with Qatar based Business Trading Company. The agreement saw Maya La Chocolaterie’s brand enter the growing Qatari retail market.
- Advised Ahli United Bank (AUB) in connection with AUB’s Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP) in response to the amendments to Chapter HC-5, Volume 1 of the Rulebook, introduced by the Central Bank of Bahrain.
- Advised shareholders of Yateem Enterprises Holdings o. W.L.L. in relation to their sale to Linde plc, the world’s largest industrial gas company by market share and revenue serving customers in the healthcare, petroleum refining, manufacturing, food, beverage carbonation, fiber-optics, steel making, aerospace, chemicals, electronics and water treatment industries. The transaction involved the acquisition of 51 per cent of the shares in Yateem Oxygen W.L.L. The purchase price was BD5 million (US$13 million).
- Advised shareholders of Al A’Ali Quarries L.L.C (AAQ) in relation to their sale to Qatar Primary Materials Co. (QPMC), the Qatari company incorporated in 2006 by instruction of the Government of Qatar through an Emri decree to provide efficient port service at the gabbro berths, as well as developing them to increase their capacity and ability to manage larger quantities of raw materials imported to facilitate trade. The transaction involved an acquisition of 100 per cent shares in AAQ. The purchase price was worth BD5.5 million (US$14.5 million).
- Advised the International Motor Trading Agency (IMTA) in relation to the distribution agreement entered into with Geely International Corporation (Chinese automotive company and owner of Volvo), The London Electric Vehicle Company (British taxi manufacturer) and Lotus Cars (majority shareholder in British sports carmaker). The distribution agreement led to IMTA taking on the distribution rights of the Geely Auto brand in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advised shareholders of International Marine Transport Co BSC (Closed) (IMTC) in relation to their sale to Aljazeera Shipping Co. W.L.L. The transaction involved the acquisition of 100 per cent of the shares in IMTC.
- Advised shareholders of ALMO Holdings Co. W.L.L. in relation to their sale to Air Liquide, a global leader in gases, technology and services for industry and health. Together, the companies are on their way to become one of the Middle East’s leading green carbon dioxide source – having invested in a state-of-the- art carbon dioxide (CO2) recovery and production unit in Bahrain to ensure sustainable growth. The transaction involved the acquisition of 70 per cent of the shares in Middle East Carbon Dioxide W.L.L. (MECD). The purchase price was BD4.5 million (US$12 million).
- Advised Olive VFM Company on its facilities Management Agreement with Naseej in relation to the Bahrain Affordable Housing PPP Project to be developed over three sites located within Bahrain comprising of approximately 179 hectares of land.
- Advised shareholders of Bahrain Medical & Industrial Gas Plants W.L.L (BMIGP) in relation to their sale to Emirates Industrial Gases Company L.L.C, a subsidiary of Airtec, the largest manufacturer and supplier of medical, industrial, specialty gases and mixture gases in the Middle East. The transaction involved an acquisition of 100 per cent shares in BMIGP. The purchase price was worth BD8.5 million (US$23 million).
- Advised Ithmaar Bank on BHD75 million (US$199.33) rights issue to strengthen the Bank’s balance sheet and set a firm foundation for the business. The capital generated for the shareholders of Ithmaar Bank was mainly used for a combination of implementing strategic business objectives & refinancing existing facilities.